No Crystal Ball
The manager is dealing with some personal obligations and that first week on the new schedule was pushed back a week.
Over the winter break a neat styling tool for GeoServer was announced that made use of a GeoServer extension I’ve been working on on and off for the past 9 months or so. Since then it’s been getting a fair bit of attention from the community since then, I figured I’d be putting a lot of work into polishing it up so we could make it an official extension (basically, put a link to it on the downloads page.)
I ended up fixing random bugs against GeoServer while another developer reviewed the module.
The first took me two days to fix, the second one I resolved in an afternoon.
I am beginning to think that I am not very good at predicting the future.